P&C Insurance Case Study
One of the world’s largest insurance claims adjusters needed an archiving solution for data history that would be easily accessible for audit and claims review.
As part of its ERP modernisation, the business needed to dispose of multiple inherited systems and bring all its European offices under a common application data governance. The complexity of data migration for non-transactional data to the new ERP system was to be avoided, if possible.
- Dispose of multiple inherited systems
- Bring all European offices under a common application data governance
- Avoid data migration for non-transactional data
- Support the detailed user requirements at a significant reduction in operating cost
Archive all the data history from 2 separate database structures with multiple tables and indexes for each application module
- Hardware platform: IBM iSeries & Sun Systems
- DBMS: DB2, MySQL
- System 21 and Sun Accounts
- >50 users
- GL, AR, AP, Cashbook, Asset Register, etc.
Render meaningful application UIs on any IP-enabled device
Initial pilot proof of concept was completed in a few weeks and the archiving solutions were completed, inclusive of user training, 6 weeks before new ERP system launch
Closing balances only migrated to the new ERP (green field)
Data history accessible through the DataNovata apps on desktop and mobile
Minimal input from client IT Services allowed the client to focus on the new ERP system implementation
"DataNovata demonstrated the flexibility of their toolkit and exceeded our expectations.”- CIO European Operations - Book a Meeting