Legacy systems pile up in the back office, choking budgets, limiting innovation and decelerating economic recovery. Systems that retain data can be immobilized by risk of change. As risk restrains progress, obsolescence adds more risk, of failure of the aging systems. This is a paradox of inertia.
A risk-free viable alternative has to easily decommission old, inactive application storage containers and move the data to affordable, digital platform without any degradation of user access.
What are the risk-free criteria for such a solution:
- It works for any application.
- It meets satisfaction and buy-in from the business users
- The data is as intact and accessible as in the original application
- There are no dependencies remaining with the legacy system
- Data sovereignty remains with the client
- It can be implemented on any stack
- It has flexible data governance rules to meet changing compliance standards
- It can be easily adapted and customized to changing user needs
- It cost a fraction of the status quo
- It is stable for every iteration
- It requires no coding
- It has been implemented again and again with the same excellent results
- It uses barely any resources
- It is built on standards-based architecture
- It works for any client end-point
- It requires no additional software for deployment
- It can be deployed locally or globally
- It can be run on-prem or in the cloud
- It can be implemented in as little as 8-12 weeks
- It can recover its own cost in less than a year
- It eliminates technical debt
- It combines a common currency for data history with an intuitive nuance for each application
- It is secure and can be layered into the existing security framework of the enterprise.
Click here to learn more about building your Risk-free Decommissioning Strategy to release OpEx into Innovation and Recovery.