SSL International is a British manufacturer of hygiene & healthcare products, with brands including Durex and Scholl. In 2010, SSL became part of RB with operations in 60 countries worldwide.
SSL made a strategic decision to align all the systems it had acquired through mergers and acquisitions with SAP on a SQL Server platform. However, transferring so many data variants to SAP was a daunting prospect.
SSL needed a way to efficently process the various datasets and provide business users with enquiry facilities.
- 11 iSeries/AS400s
- Infor – BPCS (SSA)
- Infor – System 21 (JBA)
- Infor – Data 3 (KBM)
- Various ERP systems from acquired companies
- Any Windows, Unix or Linux host
- SQL Server
- Installation of DataNovata Toolkit to allow SSL generate their own applications
- Data segmented into logical areas e.g. Customer Care, Finance, Manufacturing etc.
- The DataNovata Toolkit allowed SSL to generate a user-friendly interface for each dataset.
- Worldwide implementation was possible thanks to the powerful multi-language capability.
- Less than 12 months from project commencement to delivery
- 1 week to train business users how to use the DataNovata Toolkit
- On premise, data centre and cloud hosting options now all available if required
- Secure access to the data from any device
- Future compliance assured
- Costs savings realised when SSL decommissioned its iSeries/AS400 platform
“DataNovata exceeded our expectations. The team quickly understood what we were trying to achieve and we have found DataNovata to be robust and easy to use. I would certainly recommend DataNovata to anyone wishing to decommission applications.”
Stewart Sawinski, Technical Architect Controller